Wild Wild Westwood
The 2016 HOOT is Sunday October 30, and this year the school is going to become Wild Wild Westwood. So hold on to your (cowboy) hats. There will be a caricature artist, candy bar, cookie decorating, and lots of carnival games along with our amazing Haunted House and giant blow-ups, obstacle courses and an Arcade Alley. Also the Pumpkin Patch, where every pumpkin wins, is filled with more than 300 amazing prizes.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, October 5: Tickets and wristbands will go on sale on the fabulous, new HOOT ticket website, www.HOOTtickets.com.
- Wednesday, October 12: Please begin bringing in HOOT drinks.
- Thursday, October 20; Friday, October 21; Monday, October 24; and Friday, October 25: HOOT t-shirts will be on sale in front of school at drop off and pick up. Get yours quickly – we sell out every year. T-shirts are $20. Cash only.
- Sunday, October 23: This is the last day to purchase tickets and wristbands online. Put in your online order ASAP to be entered automatically into a raffle for an iPad Mini!!
- Monday, October 24 and Tuesday, October 25: Wristbands and tickets will be sold in front of school at drop off. (There will be no discounts on wristbands and tickets purchased at the HOOT.)
- Friday, October 28: Pick up your ticket orders at drop off. Bring identification.
- Friday, October 28: HOOT spirit day!! Wear your HOOT T-shirt or WWC T-shirt to show your excitement for the HOOT.
- Saturday, October 29: Pick up your ticket orders from 10am to 1pm. Bring identification.
- Sunday, October 30: It’s the HALLOWEEN HOOT! (Remaining ticket orders, not picked up on Friday or Saturday, will be held at will call. Bring identification.
Need Halloween decorations? You’re in luck. Visit Scary Bills Halloween Superstore at 1908 Lincoln Boulevard in Santa Monica. Shop there and shop often! Mention Westwood Charter when you check out, and Scary Bills will donate an amazing 20% of your purchase to Westwood Charter. Thank you Scary Bills!!
Every year we ask families to help stock the HOOT drinks refrigerator. Beginning Wednesday, October 12, drinks can be dropped off at the Selby Avenue gate entrance.
Family K – Juice Boxes (package or box of juice boxes)
Family 1 – Name Brand Soda cans (6 or 12 packs)
Family 1-2 – Juice Boxes (package or box of juice boxes)
Family 2 – Name Brand Soda cans (6 or 12 packs)
Family 3 – Small Water Bottles (6 or 12 packs)
Family 4-5 – Small Water Bottles (6 or 12 packs)
The HOOT welcomes WWC middle school and high school alumni and friends to volunteer on the day of the HOOT. These volunteer hours are eligible for community service hours and all volunteers will receive a signed community service form upon completion of their volunteer hours.
Alumni Volunteer Sign Up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/9040944A9A72E5-halloween4
Halloween Hoot Bake Sale Needs You!
Baking is fun; goodies are yummy,
Bring something to the Hoot Bake Sale
And help the school raise money.
The bake sale witches are counting on you
To either bake or provide store bought treats
We need quite a few
Without your help we can't succeed,
So here is a list of what we need:
Cakes, cookies, muffins, brownies, pies,
tarts, candied apples, and anything else you
feel like baking (or buying).
Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49aba92dab9-hoot.
For Questions Please Contact Bake Sale Witch: Samantha McNulty, email@example.com.
2016 Halloween HOOT Cake Walk
Sign-up to bring a cake or even several cakes. Deliver all cakes to the Cake Walk booth the morning of the HOOT. Also, please do not bring cakes topped with whipped cream, or other fragile cakes. We have no way to refrigerate them, and don't want your beautiful creations to melt while sitting in the sun. Please sign up by October 27 to ensure we have enough yummy cakes for all!
Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054da4aa2ba46-20161.
Any questions? Email Cake Queen Eva at: firstname.lastname@example.org.